View Our Courses
Arboricultural Electrical Safety (Green Card)
Who needs it?
Arborists and others who work aloft or near trees and powerlines.
The Arboricultural Electrical Safety Course (Green Card / AES) prepares participants, such as arborists and others who work aloft, with the knowledge and skills to perform work related to arboricultural activities in proximity to transmission and distribution lines. This course is in compliance with the requirements set by various provinces, including Section 369 the NB General Regulation 91-191. It covers the applicable local regulations as well as the Tree Care Guide for the particular province.
The course includes but is not limited to:
- Work parties’ rights and responsibilities
- Introduction to the basics of electricity and power distribution
- The dangers of working in the vicinity of electricity
- Dealing with downed power line and energized vehicles
- Treatment of electrocution injuries
- Identifying overhead utilities and voltages
- The use, inspection and care off PPE
- The inspection and use of voltage detectors
- Working off elevated work platforms in the vicinity of power lines
- Ground and bonding of utilities
- The normal and absolute limits of approach
- Permits require when working on or near power lines
SFC will provide food service for corporate clients as per request. Ask your co-ordinator for details.